Lockdown has really got us in the kitchen. I don’t think I’ve baked so much in all my life than I have in the last few weeks!
From breads to koeksiesters to biscuits, I’ve made my fair share.
This week I decided to make use of the big bag of dates in the pantry and decided to make some yummy biscuits for us to snack on during the day. I am obsessed with dates and absolutely love the combination of dates and nuts. Dates are a sweet treat and really satisfies that sweet or chocolate craving!
Date And Walnut Oat Biscuits
I thought I would share this quick and easy recipe which I bookmarked ages ago and finally had the chance to try out.
Here’s the ingredients you will need:
- 150 grams of butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 and 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 100 gram white chocolate to drizzle on top, melted (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 170°Celcius.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until it becomes light and fluffy then mix in the golden syrup.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, oats, dates and walnuts, and mix well. Then mix very well with butter and sugar mixture.
- Roll the mixture into balls, and place on the oven tray. Make sure you leave enough space for the biscuits to spread. Gently flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the biscuits become golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, drizzle with melted white chocolate.