Although we can’t spend our weekends with friends and family, I still look forward to the weekends. Weekdays are hectic, while the weekends are now fully for relaxation. Sunday Tea time is something to look forward to and we usually bake something sweet. But this week I’m doing something savoury.
I haven’t had a quiche in ages and have really been craving a slice! I decided to make this simple Rosemary Chicken and Mushroom quiche recipe and it turned out so delicious.
Rosemary Chicken and Mushroom Quiche Recipe
For the pastry:
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 2 cups of flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 20ml of water
- 125g of softened butter
For the filling:
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 chili
- 2 cups of mushrooms ( i used brown mushrooms as they have more flavour)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1/2 cup of spring onions
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- olive oil for frying
- salt and black pepper
- Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and using your fingers, work through mixture until it becomes a dough.
- Line your quiche tin with down, pushing it down and spreading evenly.
There is no need to pre-bake the dough!
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the chicken seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside
- Add the chili and garlic to the same pan.
- You can then add the mushrooms and cook until dry. Add the chopped rosemary.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Add the cheese and stir
- Then mix all the cooked ingredients into the milk and cheese mixture.
- Pour into the pastry crust.
Bake for 30 minutes or until set.