As the end of the school year draws to a close, like me, I am sure every Parent is feeling super proud of their children and how they have grown over this year!
As parents, we do our best to nourish our children’s full growth potential which is essential for their physical and cognitive development.
I thought I’d share a few ways to help our children achieve their maximum growth potential as they grow up!
Nourishing Your Children’s Full Growth Potential
- Adequate Sleep: Make sure your child gets sufficient sleep, in line with the recommended hours for their age. Sleep is essential for growth and overall well-being of kids (and adults) of all ages. We all know how groggy we feel if we didn’t have a good night’s sleep, so having a good sleep schedule or nighttime routine goes a long way.
- Screen Time This probably goes without saying but limiting screen time and encouraging active play instead is imperative for growing minds. Excessive screen time may interfere with healthy development.
- Emotional Well-being Stress and anxiety are real, not just for adults but also our children. We as parents can support our children’s emotional well-being. Stress and anxiety can impact their growth so creating a nurturing and supportive environment is important.
- Educational Support Reading is so important; I couldn’t stress this point enough! Providing your child with books, educational toys, and activities to support cognitive development is important in their early years.
- Nutrition-rich Diet Ensuring that your family’s diet is rich in essential nutrients such as protein, carbohydrates, healthy fats, vitamins, and mineral is vital. You can incorporate a variety of foods, such as fruits, vegetables, proteins, whole grains, and dairy or dairy alternatives. It’s good to encourage a routine of regular meals and snacks to keep your child energized throughout the day. Also ensure that your child drinks enough water to stay properly hydrated throughout the day as dehydration can hinder growth.
If you are concerned that your child may be “picky” or not eating healthy enough or too little, then a nutritional supplement like PediaSure® may be of help. My kids absolutely love it as a milkshake style drink at home, while it can also be incorporated in other recipes. It tastes good and there are three flavours available: Vanilla, Strawberry, and Chocolate.
Let me know if you have any other ideas on how to support our children’s growth potential.