In my previous post I introduced this new series and first up is the Beautiful Brody! Brody had an awesome first birthday party last week – it was truly a day to be remembered.
I interviewed his Mom Candice, who is my former colleague and good friend and here is what she had to say:
1. What would you say has been the most challenging part of the past year for you?
The most challenging part of the past year was definitely the first 3months. Brody suffered from colic and cramps so it was not easy. Also the lack of sleep was a struggle, but after the first 3months things became a little bit easier.
2. What has been the most rewarding part of this past year for you?
The rewarding part has been watching Brody’s personality develop and grow, and experiencing things through his eyes.
3. How do you juggle working full time and being a Mommy?
Its a juggling act most of the time. I find that planning ahead helps and getting up earlier to get things done before I am off to work. Having a day time nanny helps too.
4. Have you done anything special to record Brody’s milestones (sitting up, crawling, first tooth etc) throughout this year?
We have documented his milestones, but only really celebrated his first 2 teeth by making pancakes and inviting close family over to share the experience.
5. Is there anything new that you’ve learnt about yourself since you’ve become a parent?
I was always a very impatient person, but becoming a parent has definitely changed that. In that regard I have grown much in this year. I also no longer sweat the small stuff, focus on what’s important and move on.
6. Brody is now officially a toddler! Are you ready for what this new chapter has to bring – walking, running, talking and the good old tantrums 🙂 ?
I am not ready for him to be a toddler yet, still wrapping my head around the fact that my baby is no longer a baby anymore. It feels like yesterday we brought him home from hospital and he wore such tiny clothes. With that said I will deal with the new additions with alot of patients. I am excited for Brody to walk but know I will be constantly on the move after him.
7. Do you have any advice for moms planning their babies first birthday party?
Keep it simple, babies don’t remember the first birthday so no need for a real theme. I just incorporated the fact that it was his first birthday in the decor. Luckily we had Brody’s party at a venue and they took care of most things.
Thank you for sharing your story Candice and Brody!
If you would like to share you and your baby’s first year on Hayley’s Joys, let me know.