Today is Thanksgiving in Canada and the U.S and although we don’t really celebrate it here in SA, there’s no reason for us not to be thankful for what we have.
You know how they do it in the movies – around the Thanksgiving dinner table, each person gets to say what they are thankful for. It’s really a nice tradition don’t you think?
Sometimes we just take things for granted or we are just so busy with life and moving full steam ahead, without really appreciating what we have in the HERE and NOW.
The concept of thankfulness reminds me so much of my late Gran. Whenever anyone asked her how she was doing, her response would always be “Much to be thankful for”. The phrase has stuck with me and it’s a constant reminder to appreciate what I have.
I thought today would be a good opportunity to share what I am thankful for. I am so lucky to have a list of things to be thankful for. In no particular order, this is what I am so utterly blessed and thankful for:
- My Home & the Healthy and Happy Family of 4 (+2 dogs) who live in it.
- That cup of coffee Kurt makes me on a Sunday morning.
- Alyssa telling me “I love you Mom” every single day.
- Having heard and celebrated some good news with a very good friend this week.
- Although we constantly complain about the wind in Cape Town, I am grateful that we have had no floods, tornados or other natural disasters like the rest of South Africa and the world for that matter.
- Aidan perfecting the art of riding his little black scooter.
- It’s almost time for a bit of a break to enjoy the Christmas festivities and spend time with our Ma’s, Pa’s, Uncle’s, Aunty’s, cousins and friends.
- The Beautiful Bougainvillea blooming outside my bedroom window.
- My weekly Park Runs which makes me feel so alive!
- My Blogging Journey & all the fun things in the pipeline for 2017.
What are you thankful for?