December is here and the festive season has seriously begun in our household. We put up our tree on Friday evening and the kids were literally bursting with excitement as they hung their little ornaments.
The festive spirit is continuing all weekend with concerts and get-togethers, which is what this time of year is about really! My kids love cakes and cookies, so it’s natural for them to associate it with good times like these. I however don’t like having dozens of cookies and cakes hanging around in the kitchen, because as you know – too much of a good thing is bad. It’s way too tempting for Mom too!
It’s way too tempting for Mom too!
This is why I absolutely love this recipe I’m going to share with you. It only makes 2 large cookies. Bonus: it takes a couple of minutes to make!
Yep, you heard me! Just a few minutes.
This is what I love about the LG NeoChef microwave, the convenience and intelligence of this gorgeous appliance has really simplified our lives thus far!
Here’s the quick and easy recipe to make the Festive Choc Chip Cookies in the LG NeoChef Microwave:
- 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- In a bowl, place all of the ingredients except for the mini chocolate chips.
2. Mash the ingredients together well with a fork, until thoroughly combined.
3. Add the choc chips and then lightly mix together until the choc chips are dispersed throughout.
4. Lightly coat two ramekins with butter and then roll the mixture into two balls
5. Gently press each one into the base of the ramekin.
6. Microwave on high for 90 seconds and then check. You may need to microwave for a further 15-30 seconds, depending on whether you like your cookies crunchy or not! (I do!) The longer you cook it, the crunchier they become.
I was a bit skeptical about how good microwave cookies could actually taste, but I left it up to the judges to decide.
Looks like it’s a thumbs up from these two!
I enjoyed the cookies too, in fact, next time we make them I’m going to add a dollop of ice-cream in the ramekin where it will make for the perfect dessert.
If you haven’t already, read my review on the LG NeoChef Microwave where you’ll learn more about the unique features. If you haven’t already, you can also follow my Instagram account where I’ve been sharing stories of what we’ve been cooking.