I’ve been doing so much baking during the last few months, probably more than I have all of last year!
I have never tried making a cheesecake – let alone a baked one! Finally, I decided to take out the recipe I saved years ago and whipped it up!
At one point I thought it would be a complete flop! While baking, the tin started leaking water. Luckily I had a tray underneath. I looked it up on the internet and it turns out that’s completely normal for a cheesecake!
I was still nervous but once it set, it looked good and tasted amazing!
Caramel Baked Cheesecake Recipe
If you’re keen to give it a try, here is the recipe:
For the crust:
- 1 and a ½ of 300g packets Nuttikrust biscuits
- 125g butter, melted + extra
For the filling:
- 3 x 250g tubs cream cheese (room temperature)
- 300 ml sour cream
- 125ml castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 360g tin Nestlé Caramel Treat, beaten
- Blitz biscuits until finely crushed.
- Add the butter and process until combined.
- Grease a 24cm springform pan with extra melted butter then press the biscuit mixture firmly over the base and about 5cm up the sides of the pan. Once done, refrigerate until firm (about 30 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Beat the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and beat until well combined. Pour into the biscuit base.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the sides are just set with a wobbly centre. Turn the oven off but leave the cheesecake in the oven, with the door slightly open for about 2 hours or until cooled.
- Spread the caramel on top, cover and place in the fridge overnight (at least 4 hours) to chill.