He’s Mom Gail is a good friend of mine. Gail has a real pleasant, calm and charming personality and I think Kai has inherited those qualities.
Gail and her husband Kyle hosted a Thomas the train party for Kai this past Saturday at Delvera in Stellenbosch which was so much fun. There were way too many sweets and cakes at this party – Alyssa was literally like a kid in a candy store. The kids had a blast though and I’m sure Kai will be pleased when he looks at pictures of the day, once he’s older.
Gail shared some of her thoughts on Kai’s first year with me. Here’s what she had to say.
1. What would you say has been the most challenging part of the past year for you?
I would definitely say the sleepless nights has been the most challenging part for me. Kai really only started sleeping through at 10 months so I am really happy he is finally sleeping through. Other than that he was a really chilled baby.
2. What has been the most rewarding part of this past year for you?
Watching my little boy grow and develop into this cute little man. He has reached so many milestones this year it’s really been such a blessing watching him develop.
3. How do you juggle working full time and being a Mommy?
Planning and more planning. That is the only thing that’s keeping me sane. Making sure everything is organised for the next day makes a big difference.
Also with the help of my husband makes it easier to juggle my work and my personal life.
4. Have you done anything special to record Kai’s milestones (sitting up, crawling, first tooth, walking etc) throughout this year?
No not really, I’ve just recorded all his milestones in his notebook.
5. Is there anything new that you’ve learnt about yourself since you’ve become a parent?
I’ve really learnt the art of patience. I was always a very impatient person but bringing a child into this world really put things into perspective. I’m so calm now and I really do try and tackle one problem at a time. Your time is also not your own anymore and I won’t change a thing. I really do enjoy parenthood J
6. Kai is now officially a toddler! Are you ready for what this new chapter has to bring – walking, running, talking and the good old tantrums 🙂 ?
I don’t think you can ever be ready. I actually can’t believe Kai is one, it literally feels as if we brought him home the other day. He is already walking and running around so we are just preparing ourselves mentally for the tantrums. I will just ask you for advice on how to deal with the tantrums 🙂
7. Do you have any advice for moms planning their babies first birthday party?
Just have fun while planning their first birthday party. I know they can’t remember the first birthday but you will always have the memories.
Here are some pictures taken at Kai’s party