Alyssa and Aidan have been in the Festive spirit since the 1st of December and as much as they are loving every moment of it, I must admit I am too.
They are super happy and sometimes I just sit and watch them and think…. “this is what life is all about”
Alyssa has been telling Aidan stories about Santa and how he’s going to come and bring presents on Christmas morning.
But only if you are good, Aidan! she says.
Aidan is so excited about it and whenever he sees anything resembling Christmas (even a piece of tinsel lol) he shouts “Santa, Santa“.
Alyssa is so confident that Santa is visiting our home this year, that she suggested we bake some cookies for Santa and his reindeer. So last night we baked some Chocolate Dipped Sugar cookies, so if he does decide to pop in – we’ll have some refreshments.
Here’s the recipe that we followed:
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1½ cups of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar for rolling the cookies
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- ¼ cup of sprinkles (I used green, white and gold)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Line baking tray with baking paper
- Cream together the granulated sugar and butter until light and fluffy for about 3 minutes. Add egg and mix until well-combined.
- Stir in baking powder, flour, salt, and vanilla.
- Roll tablespoons full of the mixture into balls.
- Put the granulated sugar in a large bowl for rolling the cookie dough in before baking.
- Roll each ball of cookie dough into the bowl of granulated sugar to coat well.
- Place the cookie dough onto the baking sheet spacing well & lightly press each cookie down.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the buscuits are lightly browned.
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave on low power in 20 second intervals. Stir the mixture well between intervals until it’s melted and smooth.
- Dip half of each cookie in to the melted chocolate mixture then run bottom of cookie slightly along edge of bowl to remove excess. then return to the baking paper and immediately add the sprinkles.
- Allow the buscuits to set at room temperature.