So I got tagged by fellow Mom Blogger, Anthea from Anthea’s Project Life, to share ways as to how I’m rocking being Mom to my 2 kids. Thank you Anthea!
Due to time and prioritising, I usually don’t tend to participate in these kinds of tagging stuff but I really enjoyed reading other Mommy blogger posts in this one – like Anthea’s, Cindy’s and Vee’s.
I’m certainly not a perfect Mom and there are many ways in which I can improve myself to be a better parent, but you know what – right now, I’m doing the best that I can do! So instead of dwelling on the negative, I think all Moms need to cut themselves some slack now and again! This is exactly what I love about this blog tag!
Hopefully, I will get you jotting down your own list!
So I’m sharing 10 ways in which I am rocking Motherhood right now!
- I make my kids laugh. Each and every day, I make sure I see those little smiles and hear them laugh out loud. Alyssa is sometimes a difficult one to crack, especially in the mornings. I would often have to act like a complete lunatic before even getting a tiny smirk. But I make sure I get one every morning.
- I explore with them. My kids see life as a permanent adventure and I love being able to expand their view of the world. One of the perks of blogging is being able to give my kids amazing adventurous experiences, which is really growing their curiosity about the big world out there.
- I make them feel loved and secure. Cuddles, snuggles, kisses and hugs. Anytime they want it, I’m ready and waiting.
- I work my ass off for them. These kids are the reason for me working hard and wanting to achieve more in life. I will continue to do so and will show them what hard work is about and how it’s rewarded.
- I teach them to give compliments. Alyssa’s teacher always says that she’s the first to notice a new haircut or dress and absolutely loves dishing out compliments to all. I do the same and it’s clearly rubbed off on her.
- I lead by example. I don’t force anything on my kids. I lead by example so like with the compliments, my kids are going to essentially learn their behaviour. Greeting, please and thank-you’s & just plain common courtesies – I always try my best to emphasise these, when they are around me.
- I tell them what an AMAZING Dad they have. I make a fuss about Dad’s amzing cooking and how strong he is & they truly see them as their hero!
- I sing and dance with them. Our neighbours probably think we are stark crazy at times, but we often turn up the sound system and dance to the Frozen or Trolls soundtrack. The kids love it!!!
- I have Me-Time. Some may call it selfish, but I think it’s to the benefit of my entire family. Happy Mommy = Happy Baby is my motto!
- I’m their Mom. Instead of trying to be their best friends, I make it known that I’m the parent. As fun as it may be to be the “Cool Mom”, first and foremost – I am their Mother and it’s my job to teach them right from wrong. Sometimes that means I’m the bad guy in the house, but they’ll thank me one day!
I’d like to tag the following Amazing Woman who also happens to be Awesome Mom Bloggers:
- Zayaan from Surviving The Madness
- Lindsay from Love Made Me
- Tracey from The Milk Memoirs
- Kim from Muller Kids
Here are the only three rules, ladies:
- Thank the blogger that tagged you and link to their blog.
- List 10 things you believe make you a good mother (this is just a guideline. It can be more or less than 10.)
- Tag 3 – 5 bloggers to join in the #RockingMotherhood Tag.
If you’re not a blogger, I’d also love to hear how you are rocking Motherhood!