From 1st to the 7th August 2017 marks World Breastfeeding Awareness Week. This week is highlighted to emphasize the value and importance of breastfeeding for mothers as well as baby.
If there’s one thing that I miss about having an infant in our home, it’s definitely that strong bond and special time with my babies that came along with breastfeeding. It wasn’t so easy to begin with – it was tiring and painful initially, but with the right technique and persevering through, it ended up being the most special times of my life.
Many Pregnant women have concerns on whether they will succeed in breastfeeding or if they will produce enough milk. For first-time Moms breastfeeding can be a harrowing experience, but it is a learned skill, help is at hand from your doctor, midwife, nurse or healthcare professionals.
When it comes to feeding your baby it’s important to know and understand the benefits of breast milk:
- Breast milk contains the perfect balance of nutrients to help your baby fight infection and common child illness
- Breast milk is convenient, always available and is delivered at the right temperature
- Breastfeeding helps stimulate your uterus to return to its pre-pregnant state
- Breastfeeding reduces the risk of breast cancer
Breast milk is all your baby needs in its first four to six months of life, but you need to continue eating a well-balanced diet because what you eat or drink may affect both you and your baby. To ensure that you have the right amount of nutrients, try adding Similac® Mom to your daily diet. Similac® Mom is a complete nutritional* low-fat milk-based maternal supplement shake, containing 23 essential vitamins and minerals, protein, DHA (omega-3 fatty acid), and prebiotics. It is scientifically formulated to support your increased nutritional needs during pregnancy and breastfeeding, all your need is one to two servings per day.
While you focus on being a mom you can rest assured that by taking Similac® Mom you are doing the best not just for yourself but also for your baby right from the very beginning. Similac® Mom aids in the following²:
- Low-fat, low calorie, helps manage weight during pregnancy and while breastfeeding
- Helps build your immune defences
- Supports healthy digestion
- Helps reduce the risk of iron deficiency anaemia
- Vitamin D and FOS, a prebiotic, have been shown to improve calcium absorption
- Improved calcium absorption ensuring sufficient calcium is available to support the development of your baby’s bones.
- Provides nutrients to support the development of your child’s brain
- Folic acid helps reduce the risk of neural tube defects
“Similac® Mom is an easy and convenient way to ensure a complete nutritional solution for expecting as well as for breastfeeding moms It is really important for moms to look after themselves and to acknowledge that they also require additional support to ensure that they are happy and healthy”, says Angela Russell, General Manager at Abbott Nutrition.
Similac® Mom is available at all major pharmacies, selected retail outlets as well as online shopping.
Similac Mom, as well as their Ambassador Abigail Courtenay, an associate dietitian for Nutritional Solutions, both, agree that mothers need to be made aware of the importance of breastfeeding and the benefits it has on your baby.
Similac® Mom would like to give-away a hamper to the value of R800 not only to create awareness but to also celebrate this week.
The hamper includes:
- Breastfeeding Pillow
- Nipple Cream
- Breast Pads
- Similac Mom tin
- Wrapped in a lovely hamper box
Enter via the Rafflecopter below: