We are heading to the season of new beginnings where fresh buds bloom, animals awaken and the earth seems to come to life again as the temperatures slowly rise.
But this last week of August has been a rough one for us. We had to say goodbye to our beloved pet, Tony Vienna, who was by my side for close to 16 years. This isn’t a post about him, I am still going to do that when I’m in the right headspace.
I think Tony’s timing has however given me some hope. It’s the start of a new season. A fresh start. He is always in our hearts but he is asking us to move on.
Whether or not it looks or feels like spring (Cape Town usually takes a while) there are so many things that we can do this month that just help us all feel like we’re starting a fresh.
After some reflection, especially after Tony giving me the nudge, these are just a few things I want to do:
- Get my garden back up to scratch. Tony loved exploring in the garden and lying in the sun. I think he will be proud.
- Spring cleaning – with 100% effort!
- Plan my next holiday ( I needed this last one and the timing was perfect considering what has transpired now)
- Start a new hobby
- Organize my life and not wing it all the time.
- Teach the kids something new or something that we can “give back” to the community. We recently started recycling at home – Aidan and Alyssa then shared this knowledge at school and also donated recycle bins to the school which is now in full use. So something to this effect.
Spring is also a time to get ready for the warmer weather by pampering our mind, body and soul. So, I thought I’d put together a little pamper hamper to giveaway to one of you. It will be live soon on Instagram and Facebook.
Featured Image: Stocksnap