Alyssa had an “absolute ball” of a birthday weekend – her words exactly!
Her birthday weekend kicked off early on Saturday morning where some of her school friends and cousins joined her for a Masterchef party at The Kids Cooking Club.
Alyssa didn’t quite know what kind of party she wanted this year. I was looking for ideas and then came across The Kids Cooking Club. We’ve heard about them before and seen what they have to offer at the Good Food and Wine show a few years ago – and Alyssa and Aidan absolutely loved it.
This past Saturday we celebrated Alyssa’s 3rd birthday with a Minnie Mouse themed party at the Fun House.
It was a day filled with lots of fun spent with family and friends and everyone had a fantastic time. The water slide seemed to be the most popular attraction at the party – Alyssa changed into her swimsuit within minutes of arriving at the venue and most of the kids followed suit!
Fun House is an absolutely amazing an convenient venue. It’s not too far from our home, they take care of all the decor and they also cater! All we had to do was bring our cake and ourselves! I didnt even bring the cake…. my good friend who baked Alyssa’s safari cake last year, outdone herself once again 🙂
I kid you not…. Alyssa has had a birthday party to attend every Saturday since the beginning of October – with this past Saturday being the first to have a break. Well not for long as next Saturday there is another one to attend. She also has a swim lesson every Saturday morning which means there is no time for Mom to do much else.
I’ve decided to add Birthday gifts as an official expense on our monthly budget now! I’m not complaining though… Alyssa has enjoyed herself sooooo much at these parties and I can attest that at party number 1 she was a tad bit intimidated by a jumping castle but 6 weeks later she is quite the veteran!
I must also add that all of these parties are BOYS parties … Robots, Spiderman, Lego, Barney and Cars themed parties!
I now need to start thinking about what to do for Alyssa’s birthday party which is coming up in February. After all these parties she keeps on asking me when is it her birthday party lol. I think I will start looking for ideas now and hopefully have everything planned in time. I have to keep the following in mind though:
- 6 out of the 7 parties she’s recently attended are school mates – at these parties it seems that Alyssa’s WHOLE class was invited (about 12-15 kids). Am I now obligated to invite the entire class too? We have a lot of friends with kids and Alyssa has cousins too…. so we will end up with about 30 kids in total if we go that route!
- Is it necessary to invite our Adult family members to her party? They’ve been to Alyssa’s first and second birthday party’s but is it really necessary to invite them to the party or is it ok to just invite them for tea on the evening of her actual birthday which is a week night.
- Budget wise… I must also remember that 6 weeks after Alyssa turns 3, Aidan will be turning 1 so another soiree’ will need to take place. I can’t NOT have a party for Aidan as we had such a big doo for Alyssa’s first.
- What theme do we go with? One day Frozen is the best thing ever, then it’s Minnie Mouse but then 5 minutes later it’s Sophia! (I would much rather prefer Hello Kitty … so I will try to persuade her to follow suit)
- I need to find a venue…. As much as I want to host the party at home, from a cleaning perspective I prefer to have it elsewhere as after the party there’s not much cleaning and packing away! We can just go home and relax, just like we did last year after her party at Giraffe House.
Looks like I will be spending my December holiday doing a lot of planning and preparation….
What are your thoughts? Any ideas or tips? I would love to hear!
I decided to make a photo collage for Alyssa’s birthday of her second year and found this cool idea on Pinterest. It was so easy to do, the hardest part was selecting which pictures to print and use as we have taken like thousands over the past year! It was so much fun putting it together and it was a great way to show party guests Alyssa’s milestones and different events during Alyssa’s second year.