I absolutely love dates. It’s a healthy sweet treat that just satisfies a sweet craving!
Date balls are simple to make and require no baking! (YAY)
If you haven’t eaten dates before or aren’t totally mad about them, I can assure you these taste heavenly.
Last week, I made date balls the kid’s school bake sale and packaged them in little plastic packets and sealed it with cute washi tape! It literally took me just over an hour to put together. After sharing a sneak peak on my Instastory, a few people asked me to share the recipe. So here we are.
The kids love these, especially Aidan who literally eats the mixture before it even sets!
- 250 grams of pitted dates, chopped
- 100 grams of unsalted butter
- 1 XL egg (whisked)
- 20 Marie biscuits, crushed
- 100 grams of desiccated coconut
- Over low heat, melt the butter in a saucepan
- Add dates and stir until soft
- Remove from heat
- Mix some of the hot mixture into the whisked egg
- Add the crushed biscuits gradually and mix together
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes to cool down
- Roll the mixture into little balls and coat with coconut
- Chill for a few minutes in the refrigerator
Ready to serve
If you’re feeling fancy, you can add chopped nuts or dried figs or even peaches to the mixture.
Or if you want to add some extra sweetness, you can coat the balls in melted chocolate!
This recipe makes 25 date balls, so if you want to make bigger batches, you can just double or triple the measurements.
Hope you enjoy it as much as Aidan does!